Parent University Sessions
Taylor and McKee Learning Centers are hosting Parent University nights with free, informative sessions on topics selected specifically for families with young children.
Parents and caregivers are invited Taylor Learning Center on Tuesday, November 11th from 5:30-7:00 p.m. or McKee Learning Center on Thursday, November 13th from 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Taylor is located at 1801 16th St, please park and enter on the north side of the building. McKee is located at 2115 East 39th St, please park and enter on the east side of the building.
When you arrive you will pick three sessions to attend from a list of the following five choices:
- Internet Parent and Caregiver Support: Come learn about the resources and support that are available in the Early Childhood department; in our community; and online for parents of young children. (presented by DMPS Early Childhood Family Support Staff)
- Preschool Play and Learning: Have fun together and help your preschooler learn! Come learn about the best ways to help your child learn and succeed. (presented by DMPS Early Childhood Family Support Staff)
- Finding Quality Childcare and How to Begin Your Own In-home Childcare Business: Learn about the resources available both for families seeking quality childcare and for those who would like to care for children in their homes. (presented by Childcare Resource and Referral.)
- Take the Bus!: Curious about what DART has to offer? Learn about the DART bus system in Des Moines. (presented by DART-Des Moines Area Regional Transit)
- Germ-busters! Hand-washing 101: Learn tips for keeping your family healthy as healthy as possible this winter. (presented by Early Childhood Nursing staff)
Come and enjoy an evening of adult learning! So that all who attend are able to enjoy and learn as much as possible, please do not bring children (with the exception of newborn and nursing infants.)